Wednesday, September 03, 2008

This undertaking to write more personal entries has fallen by the wayside, sadly. Mostly, there are two confounding reasons. One, being that I find very few moments of introspection lately between working a more-than-full-time job and going to law school at night. Simply put, I’m too tired to think about myself and how I view the world. Secondly, taking a legal writing course has made me reevaluate and determine just how terrible my vernacular is, and how passive prose has gone the way of the vestigial tail.

Sentences must be succinct! They must be to the point. They must be boring and non-illustrative.

This class is so not for me. While I enjoy the fascist approach to grammar, limiting my adjectives has been very disheartening, not to mention all-together troubling. So be it.

2 Comments:

At 7:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sheila, law is indeed boring and non-illustrative give it up now before it changes the beautiful person you are.

Steve

 
At 2:34 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Law school is intense...and energy-zapping. But don't let it get you down. I see this as a way for you to even more profoundly find ways to care for people and work on behalf of others - two things that are already beautiful qualities in you. Hang in there!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home