Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bahama Breeze

After hurried weekend trips get-aways, it was definitely a nice shift to spend five full days away on vacation, even if two of those days were spent in bustling airports sitting in plastic, hard-backed chairs. The Bahamas was even more beautiful than I remembered, made all the more memorable by the union of two people. Even though my only duty was to carry the long train on the bride’s dress, I still felt purposeful as I stood to watch the romantic exchange prevail under witness of God and country.

To accurately capture the appeal of the numerous travel brochures, we spent the rest of the weekend sipping fruity drinks and lounging beside the clear blue ocean with the faint scent of coconut suntan lotion as our constant companion. There were no deadlines, no pressing managerial decisions, just stretches of time to do exactly as we pleased, which meant playing sand paddle ball and skimming gossip columns with pictures of celebrities on the beach.

Coming back to the normal routine wasn’t as difficult as I had imagined; my propensity towards compulsivity may have caused me to look forward to it a bit. All things considered, it was time well spent.

1 Comments:

At 3:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home