Wednesday, December 21, 2005

What's your silliest gift?

*Okay, so this picture has almost nothing to do with the post, but anyone who knows me at all will understand my fixation with dogs in costume. *
It’s yet another day closer to this luminescent, irradiating sentimental holiday that we all know and love. Of course, only a diminutive component of this season is the “gift-giving”, although it’s probably the most publicized and revered. Although I’m not deemphasizing that “warm fuzzy feeling” of finding the perfect gift for someone, or vice versa; getting exactly what you had wished for fervently for 364 days this year, I just thought it’d be almost equally as fun to recollect those uproarious gifts that evoked such a comical relief that we will forever remember them.
I have two favorite memories. The funniest gift ever received was from none other than my lovely sister, who in the spirit of being young, broke, and imaginative, shoddily wrapped up in layers of years old, wrinkled foil-tinted gift wrap, a used vial of lip gloss. But to give credit where credit is due, it was mint flavored, my favorite.
Years later, during my second year away from home I received via mail, a good old fashioned brown paper package with a two pound block of cheese enclosed, with the simple message “hey, what’s funnier than cheese?” Accurate and concise, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home