Thursday, December 15, 2005

The final countdown is set at 10 days until Christmas, or 9 days 'til the night before, and where oh where has my Christmas spirit gone? The song titled Where are you Christmas ? from the Grinch soundtrack has been playing in my head for days, almost as an insult to the absence of sentiment. As I tallied off the possible reasons for not experiencing enough, if any holiday cheer, I asked myself, is there not enough snow? Had I not done all my Christmas shopping? Was I merely a bah-humbug this year? The only thing semi-resembling a definitive conclusion was that it dawned on me that this is my first winter without a winter break from school. The gap between the life of a student living in an ephemeral, brightly idealistic world and the real world has finally closed, once and forever. But why must childhood naïveté and imagination depart as well?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home