Sunday, December 19, 2004

Peachy keen, jelly bean

While for the sake of posterity I should probably be knocking on wood while I convey these next thoughts (though the next best thing is this simulated wood grain that somewhat resembles a once living tree), it has been a fabulous weekend, following a pretty dandy week. I finally got my computer back on Monday, which filled a long-aching void in my heart and consequently realized that I know some pretty great people who were willing to offer themselves up to public tantrums and outcries if necessary (see two entries prior). Holiday parties at work and school adequately overwhelmed the monotony that is the 9-5 workweek, and getting to spend time with friends and wrapping the last of my Christmas gifts consumed the remaining time quite nicely.

I also went to my first indoor soccer game on Friday, the
St. Louis Steamers versus the Cleveland Force, with an outstanding (and quite unheard of in outdoor soccer) score of 9-3 in favor of good 'ole St.L. Even knowing that indoor soccer does not hold as much credibility as outdoor for the true soccer enthusiasts, it was great fun watching little boys in bomber jackets and families cheering wildly.

The rest of the day should entail more activities that fall into the holiday category, with it being the last weekend before Christmas; which means lots of hot chocolate, candy canes and endless shopping. Hooray! (Especially because I've checked off all the items on the gift list). :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home