Friday, May 12, 2006


Upon initial assessment most people would probably not presume my transient nature. In fact, probably just the opposite; superficially I appear to be stable and steadfast. I can’t deny that in many facets I am those things, but I also can’t refute this deeply seeded, surmounting fervor for movement, bedlam, and change.

It’s completely contradictory, as I live most days with utmost order, every minute meticulously scheduled. But I obviously want more. I’ll have spent the last three weekends away from home (if you can call the abode in which I keep my material possessions that); I’ll be away again this weekend, and again the next two. If I had to estimate, I’d say I’ve already taken about 25 flights this year, and am probably only home about 60% of the time.

So is it innately in my temperment to thrive on these interchanges; this propensity for departures? Am I ultimately running away or running to something? It’s perplexing, to dissect and question your own lifestyle, wondering if it complements the “norm”, whatever that fleeting fad may be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home