Tuesday, May 16, 2006


In the spirit of preserving childish purity, I will sometimes wish on the first star I see at night. As I was taking a rather reflective, somber walk last night, I was barely aware that the weather had gotten considerably chillier, and the sun had fallen far beneath the horizon. So I stopped for a moment to deeply breathe in the brisk night air and sought out a twinkling star in the sky. I came across one without much arduous effort, surprisingly, as the proximity to the city lights usually limit stargazing on even the clearest of nights. I deliberated for a bit, looked up, and made a wish quietly in tune with the appropriate rhyme for such occasion. Satisfied and hopeful, I started back along the path. That is, until I realized that the path of the “star” succinctly coincided with mine. Turns out, I had just made a wish on an aircraft of sorts. So much for the promise of a wish fulfilled.

2 Comments:

At 5:43 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

I always wish on stars! It's fun! :)

I once wished on a satellite, though...

 
At 7:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The question is...did your wish come true? You could start a whole new modernist mythology.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home