Thursday, August 31, 2006

Completely plagiarizing from over-used pop ideology, if 30 is the new 20, wouldn’t that in fact, make 25 the new 15? There has to be some error in accounting, because I haven’t felt like a “teen” anything in years, and I truly believe I’m probably better off for it. Whether it comes in the all very consolidated time frame or not, finishing a degree, finding a first professional job, finding a second professional job, relocating a few times here, there, and in between, to purchasing a first home, there haven’t been many outwardly juvenile antics to be seen. Though, they’re just well camouflaged, because they’re definitely in existence. And, in being my standard candid self, I really wouldn’t want to be in any other age or situation. I spent too many of those teen angst years in teen angst, and gladly traded up for a bit more wisdom and much more autonomy.

In other words, I’m content. That’s such a short statement for such an encompassing, remarkable sentiment, and even in my aptitude for blind sanguinity, I couldn’t foresee these blessings for which I’ve been unexpectedly bestowed. To live this life in laughter and in love makes my heart swell beyond capacity, and I can’t imagine ever coveting anything beyond this happy realm of simplistic happiness.

1 Comments:

At 8:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most of us want to be autonomous because we want to be accountable for what we do, and because it seems that if we are not the ones calling the shots, then we cannot be accountable. More importantly, perhaps, the value of autonomy is tied to the value of self-integration. We don't want to be alien to, or at war with, ourselves; and it seems that when our intentions are not under our own control, we suffer from self-alienation.
I am so happy for your situation for it makes you happy and content. I wish your realm to continue for you because you deserve it.
Steve :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home